I’ve outlined everything you will need to make these gorgeous BBQ sticky ribs. Well worth the 3-4 hours cooking time and the perfect Autumn/Winter comfort food. Bring out the mashed potatoes!
To make BBQ sticky ribs for 6 people, you will need.
- 1 glass of Cola
- 1 short glass of Bourbon
- 5 large spoons of honey
- 1 large spoon of molasses
- 3 large spoons of ketchup
- 3 large spoons of mustard
- 3 tea spoons of paprika
- 1 chilli pepper
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 table spoon of balsamic vinegar
- salt & pepper
- 2 Racks of pork ribs (cut to fit a large oven dish)
- Preheat your oven to 180° C
- While the oven heats up, finely chop the garlic along with the chilli and blend into a paste
- Put the paste into a mixing bowl and add all the other ingredients, mixing until you have a nice brown, glossy sauce. – Your BBQ sauce is ready!
- Place the ribs in an oven proof dish with 1 cup of water for every rack (2 racks = 2 glasses of water)
- Cover with tin foil and leave to cook for an hour
- Take out of the oven and cover in your BBQ sauce
- Recover with tin foil and place back in the oven for 2.5 hours or until meat seperates from the bone with ease
- check every 20-30 mins and spoon excess sauce over the top of the meat making sure to keep the ribs moist
- once cooked turn down the heat, take off the tin foil and allow the sauce to thicken
- Leave to rest for 15 minutes before serving
- Grilled corn on the cob
- Homemade coleslaw
- Garlic & lemon tossed green beans
- Chunky mash potato
- Whole meal bread rolls
Let us know if you’ve tried our BBQ sticky ribs in the comments below. Or share your favourite BBQ hacks and chomps!
This Post Has 2 Comments
Oh my gosh this sounds so good!
Is it possible you could do a gluten free version of this?