It’s dirty lurgy season again! But, there’s nothing like the power of ginger and apple for kicking sickness’s butt. For a long time I suffered from reoccurring bouts of tonsillitis. The only remedy that worked to soothe that raw grating throat pain while easing my stomach was ginger and apple tea. An absolute health boost, my recipe mixes up the intense power of ginger root with the gentle twang of lemon and apple. Even when I’m ill I drink it to help me feel revitalised and energised.
- A thumb sized amount of fresh, peeled & grated Ginger
- 1x peeled, cored & grated Apple
- 1x Lemon
- 4x table spoons of cold press apple juice
- 4x table spoons of dried (preferably Earl Grey) tea leaves
- To the cafetiere add the ginger
- Followed by the apple
- Top with the tea leaves
- Coat with the apple juice to create an almost paste
- Allow to infuse for 1 minute
- Squeeze the lemon and add the juice
- Top with boiling hot water
- Put on the lid and allow 1-2 minutes for everything to settle
- Push down the plunger (slowly) and again allow a short time for the tea to settle and infuse the water. (1-2 mins).
- Poor into a cup