Summer salad; when you just need something quick, yet substantial for the family to eat. There’s nothing quicker or easier than our Summer salad. Inspired by our time in Greece and fused with our UK home comforts. Literally all the mayo! This vitamin stacked salad can be on the table in under 20 minutes.
To serve 4 you will need:
• 4 eggs
• 10 new potatoes
• 2 grated or shredded carrots
• 1/4 small green cabbage, shredded
• 2 1/4 red cabbage, shredded
• 4 table spoons of mayo
• 4 table spoons of Ranch dressing
• A tea spoon of chilli flake
• ready made croutons
• Put your eggs and potatoes on to boil, they’ll roughly need around 10 minutes once the water is boiling
• Whilst they cook, place all your shredded ingredients into a salad bowl
• Once boiled, cool your eggs and potatoes down under cold running water
• Then peel and slice your eggs and quarter the potatoes
• Next add them to the shredded mix in your salad bowl
• Now throw in the wet mix (mayo and ranch) and toss all the ingredients
• Place your croutons in a tea towel and lightly break them down with a rolling pin to create a toasted crumb
•Sprinkle the crouton crumbs and chilli flakes over your salad and you are ready to serve
SUMMER SALAD SERVING SUGGESTION
We love corn on the cob and sriracha mayo! The best we’ve found so far is by Flying Goose. You can find it in most supermarkets. It’s vegan and gluten free and adds all the noms to everything!
Happy eatings, stay cool people!
This Post Has 2 Comments
This looks appetizing. Last i made some easy Greek pasta salad with sweet tomatoes, cucumbers, olives, bell peppers, and feta cheese.
Nothing beats a Greek salad! 🥗