This heart warming recipe for vegan Turkish pie, was introduced to us by the guys at Feast Box. They gifted us with our own Recipe Box to feast out on in return for an honest review.
So, here’s how to make your own meat free ‘Borek’. Which we’re told is the Turkish name given to a filo crusted pie or tart.
- 1/2 Butternut Squash
- 1/2 tea spoon of Saffron
- 1 Onion
- 1 Cinnamon stick
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tea spoon of Paprika
- 1 tea spoon of ground Cardamon
- 1 can of Chickpeas
- 1 bag of baby spinach
- Filo Pastry
- Sesame seeds
- 1 Packet of Filo Pastry
- Preheat your oven to 180 degs C
- Peel and chop the squash, place on a baking tray and drizzle in oil and roast for 30 mins
- Dissolve the Saffron in a cup with 100ml of boiling water
- Chop and fry the onion and garlic until soft and golden
- Add the Chickpeas
- Once roasted add the Butternut Squash and then the baby Spinach
- Spread mixture into a pie dish
- Lay out the filo and brush with oil
- Sprinkle the sesame seeds over the filo
- Place Filo on top of your pie mix and put in the oven to bake for 15mins or until your pastry is golden brown
Get a more in depth recipe for this dish and many others like it (not just vegan). As well as all the ingredients delivered to your door by ordering your own Feast Box.
For me as a mum of 2 under 3, having everything I needed to make a fresh, hearty, family meal meant I had one less thing to think about. The box arrived well packaged and the instructions were not only informative but easy to read and user friendly! I totally get why it’s rated as the number 1 recipe box by the Telegraph.
Use code WELCOME to receive £20 off your first two recipe boxes plus free delivery. The above recipe was costed in at £8 per person.
This Post Has 6 Comments
This sounds delicious even to a non- vegan like me and easy to prepare. I may try this out
Definitely! It was all in the prep, which they guided you through. The actually cooking was actually less than 20mins. Perfect for me as I’malways on the go with the kids!
Do you only get one recipe in the box? Sounds like a substantial meal and definitely something I’ve never tried before.
No, there was actually two! I’m going to put the second one up tonight. Both were delicious and right up our street. I’ve been feeling a bit uninspired about dinner time just lately, as it seems we always end up falling back on the same handful of dishes. It was great to have some culinary inspo and guidance! And so convenient. We’ve just gotten over the flu so having it delivered to the door was a god send!
Oh my this looks so good ! I’ve really wanted to try more vegan food, so this will be my first endeavour!
Definitely! So easy and tasty and to be honest this time of year I can always use the veg hit!